Have you ever had trouble uninstalling McAfee and searching on Google about how long does it take to uninstall McAfee? It generally takes not more than 10 to 15 minutes to uninstall a program, but McAfee has some ancient records facing obstacles during uninstallation.
Well, if you’re the one, then there’s good news for you that is not specifically McAfee.
We guess it happens when the legit anti-malware tools fall into the middle category. Again, it’s difficult to uninstall when many corrupted programs get into the systems and are not ready to leave.
In today’s article, we will discuss this nutshell and figure out its reasons for the delay.
How Long Does It Take to Uninstall the McAfee Antivirus
In general, the process of McAfee begins and runs again and again. If you use the right way to uninstalling it should be removed within 10 to 15 minutes.
But what if after 30 minutes, it got stuck at 60%. You may now ask what the reason is for this. Most users and experts have claimed that it can overcast the P.C. by using excessive processor time and accessing the hard disk. For this, your P.C. will dramatically slow down.
Sometimes the McAfee uninstall stuck halfway, And many of you make a mistake and restart the process again.
Again, removing or uninstalling McAfee is difficult as it needs a lot of memory at a time. The uninstallation process can be even more difficult if your device has already been infected with a virus or malware.
In order to ascertain whether the file is safe or not, McAfee takes a few million seconds to check each file. The same things happen when you’re going to uninstall them. This will make your computer a little bit slower than previous.
If this happens, check out the specs of your computer or try to defragment your hard drive. You can endeavor to uninstall the software with a control panel process. You can restart or reboot your device also.
How to Uninstall McAfee on Windows
Here’re some methods by which you can uninstall McAfee without any trouble on windows. You see, uninstalling in the right way can make it complete with proper timing and complete removal at the same.
Method-1: Uninstall McAfee Using Control Panel
Uninstalling any software from the Control panel is the easiest and known way ever. You can uninstall McAfee without any hassle by following the below steps.
- Click on your Windows start button, which stands at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Next, press on the control panel. [Make sure that you set the view panel to category.]
- Select the programs > then uninstall a program.
- Click on the McAfee VirusScan enterprise from the list and set it on through uninstallation.
- After that, you’ll find a pop-up asking you to uninstall McAfee. Confirm it by clicking yes.
- Next, you’ll see a command for McAfee preparing to remove dialog. On the subsequent screen, the system asks you again to confirm the changes.
Finally, restart your computer once your device allows it to remove and finishes the uninstallation.
Method-2: Uninstall McAfee from Windows Settings
If you’re a Windows 10 user, this can be helpful for you. The steps are-
- Open up the settings option. You can write Settings on the Windows start menu.
- When you see the Apps option, select the Applications. After opening the option, get access to all the data related to the antivirus program.
- Now, select McAfee. And you get an option to confirm it by clicking on the uninstallation button.
Bingo! You just have to uninstalled it within minutes.
Method-3: Uninstall McAfee with McAfee Removal Tool/ McAfee LiveSafe Uninstall
The above method did not work? There can be chances that McAfee has not removed all files from your computer.
When you find McAfee takes hours to uninstall, it’s high time you chose the removal tool to remove the Antivirus.
Of course, there are McAfee removal tools that you can use to permanently uninstall the McAfee without any delay. You can easily find this McAfee removal tool from the McAfee website.
Before starting, save all essential data from your device, as it demands a reboot at the end of this method.
- Go to the McAfee website and download the new or the latest version of MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal). Then run the program, no need to install it.
- Next, agree the license agreement and navigate the further instructions you get.
Notes – If you think you may need any of the information further, you can get access to it from view logs option.
- And at last, it asks to reboot the computer. Just confirm it se after rebooting the McAfee should be removed.
How to Uninstall McAfee on Mac
Uninstalling McAfee on Mac isn’t similar to PC./ Windows. If you’re looking for the quickest and shortest way to uninstall McAfee, then you should install the App cleaner & uninstaller. Again, there’s some other way to remove the software from Mac completely. As though,
Uninstall It Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
On Mac, the uninstallation process gets a bit tricky, you see. Check out the steps-
- Quit your McAfee, press on its icon.
- Then go straight to the menu Bar. From there, go to the Preferences > General tab.
- In the preference window, unclose the lock icon for manual changes.
- Next, disable the firewall.
- Close all the possible procedures that are related to McAfee. For this, open the monitor’s activities and check if there is any process related to this system still working in the background or not. If so, then close or stop them.
- Then, restart your Mac to prevent all the running apps from the background.
- Reboot your device and launch the App cleaner & uninstaller.
- Select McAfee from the list of the App and click on the Remove option.
- Next, empty the trash and restart your Mac again.
If the McAfee live safe uninstall stuck or if you find trouble working along with the activity monitor, here’s another way that you can remove the Antivirus from your Mac.
Authorize the Internet Security for Avoid Uninstalling Issues
Sometimes your antivirus software gets disrupted for updating issues. If that problem occurs, fix it by following these steps.
- Select the McAfee menu in the menu bar.
- Then, click on McAfee live safe-internet security console.
- Press the MAC security and enable the security features, for instance, Real-time scanning.
- Next, search for the option of We need permission.
- Once you get it, click on OK to allow the process to continue.
Thus, you can authorize the internet security for Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why can’t I remove McAfee from my computer?
The reason may rely on the systems of your computer. If you uninstall the software without using any windows programs and features, then trouble may occur. Again, your manufacturer may not permit you to excess this software, or you may have recently installed any products with the App. So, a better way is to fix it by using any third-party apps or the one that McAfee offers.
Is it OK to uninstall McAfee?
If your firewall is enabled and has a good antivirus running, then it’ll be OK to uninstall McAfee. Again, there’s a huge reason that you can uninstall McAfee. Most of the users claimed that it’s not having any A.V., even the creator insisted on some significant defects. Sometimes it will run down your P.C. too slowly.
Is Windows Defender the same as McAfee?
No, they’re not at all. Windows Defender is an unpaid software, while McAfee is paid. McAfee guaranteed you to give a flawless 100% detection rate against which is absent in Defenders. Again, the detection rate of Windows defenders is much lower than McAfee. So, windows defender doesn’t have any rich quality compared to McAfee.
Why is McAfee taking so long to install?
Most probably, your computer is already containing malware bytes or other corrupted files. Again, if your computer is running out of space and you’re installing another, this can bring delay too.
McAfee is an excellent antivirus software even if you feel any issue about downloading files, documents on your device. If the antivirus system gets corrupted or faulty files are present in the system does not allow you to run other software on your device correctly.
So, you should keep an eagle eye on these issues before uninstalling the software from your device. Hence, we assure you that if your device is perfect, it takes a few seconds to some minutes to uninstall.
Hopefully, you now got the answer on how long does it take to uninstall McAfee and their reasons for the delay. Comment on if you’re really going to set this or not, and share this as soon as possible.
You Can Also Read: