If you are new to overclocking, you must be wondering where to start and what to install? Worry not because here we will know about how to overclock Ryzen 5 3600. You will need compatible software and some instruction to follow step by step. And here you can find this.
With successful overclocking, you’d be able to conduct research smoothly. Plus, it’s going to be an additional point if you are a game lover. Overclocking takes your gaming experience to another level. That’s because you get to enjoy the super-fast functioning of your processor. Besides, it also lets you edit videos and infographics smoothly and fast.
How To Overclock Ryzen 5 3600?
In this section of the article, we are going to provide you with an easy guide to overclock Ryzen 5 3600. It is simple and easy. Plus, really beneficial for the smooth operating of your processor. Let’s start with the two most important stuff you need for Ryzen 5 3600 master auto overclock
- A good cooler. This could be either a liquid cooler or an air cooler that also works well in most cases.
- A good motherboard that will support overclocking is manual or automatic.
How To Overclock Ryzen 5 3600 with Ryzen Master
Using Ryzen Master, you will find 2 options-
- Manual overclocking
- Automatic overclocking.
Let’s start with the manual.
Ryzen 5 3600 Master Settings (Manual Overclocking)
- First of all, download the Ryzen Master. Install and open it. You need to step onto the pre-defined profile named Creator Mode.
- Set the base lock for the CPU from which you will start overclocking. This base lock value should be somewhere in the middle of the base and boost clock.
- Then look for the limit exceeding which the PC might fail to boot. Look for an option named Manual Overclocking. Click on it and set the frequency from 3600 to 4200. This is applicable for all other options there.
- Now below, you will notice CPU Voltage—input 1.3125. If your system crashes after using this input, then you can check 1.33. However, the maximum current limit is 1.35.
- Click Apply and Test on the left corner below. Now it will conduct a stress/stability test on the CPU. If it shows errors and crashes, you can increase the CPU Vcore to 1.275V. if it yet shows errors, increase it to 1.3V.
- This time if it operates smoothly and remains stable, you may raise the CPU clock to 50MHz and increase voltage up to 1.35V. Otherwise, you have to keep repeating booting and testing steps until you find your stable limit value.
- However, if your pc yet fails to boot at all, you have to disconnect it from the wall and short CMOS pins. You will get the location of those pins in the motherboard manual
- If your PC succeeds to boot, now you need to verify whether your system is overclocked or not. So you have to download software. There is numerous software you can check on Google.
- Again, conduct a CPU test now, which is a benchmarking tool. After you complete the CPU test, consider downloading the AIDA 64. This monitors the stability and temperature of your CPU.
N.B: Every CPU has its own limits. And the manual overclocking is kinda risky. So do this, at your own risk. However, this method is applicable to all motherboards.
Warning: If your temperature is higher than 85’C, you need to cool it down using a cooler. Because higher temperatures might cause permanent damage to your motherboard. (check other content)
The manual overclocking is risky and does not give a boost performance overall. So we would recommend using this automatic overclocking effect.
- Use a good quality liquid or air cooler and cool down your CPU. Cool it down without altering any settings or configuration.
- Once it cools down, it will synchronize with the thermal headroom. As per settings, all you need to do is enable the memory to overclock i.e. XMP.
- You can also enable the Precision Boost Overdrive and cool it down. Being cool enough will automatically overclock and drive a mind-blowing performance within a short period of time. Provided the fact that it will last longer than the manual overclocking. The latter is indeed a hassle because you gotta keep setting the frequencies.
How To Overclock Ryzen 5 3600 In Bios
Overclocking Ryzen 5 3600 in Bios is pretty simple. Just follow these steps, and you are good to go!
- Switch OFF your computer.
- Turn it ON again.
- While it starts operating, press the Delete, F2, or F10 key on a repeated motion. You will get into the BIOS controls of your PC. You will find an option named Overclock. Just click on it.
Tip: You can also navigate to the Al tweaker tab and make your own customizations.
How To Overclock Ryzen 5 3600 In MSI
This is also applicable to other MSI motherboards of the 3000 series.
- To begin with, you need to use a CPU cooler. Hit on Easy mode and click Settings. Press Save and Exit. Restore the default settings.
- A message will appear saying ‘Load optimize defaults’. Click Yes. Set your RAM to A-Xmp enabled. You have to do this because it disables when you restore default settings. Also, set your frequency back to the earlier value. Now this will be the stock speed.
- There is a cross on the corner. Click on it and it will show you that everything is set.
- Now restart your computer. Once it restarts, go to the Task Manager. Check the default base speed. This same is the stock speed for Ryzen 5 3600 and also check the RAM speed.
- Time to run a benchmark test with Cinebench. This is the same process as we described earlier. Once it completes, restart your computer. Get into Bioscreen by hitting the delete key Button while restarting. Once you are on Bios, click on OC explore mode and set that to explore.
- Set your CPU ratio to 42.00, which will normally take your CPU frequency to 4.2 GHz. If you click on Advanced CPU configuration, you’d notice that the Precision boost audio is usually set to auto. Disable that, go back and scroll down to voltage settings. Switch it to override mode.
- Underneath, there’s an option named override CPU core voltage. Set it to 1.3. Scroll a bit down until you get CPU features. Get in there, and you will see the CoolnQuiet option. Disable that.
- Click on the cross on the corner there and check all the settings. Hit on yes and restart your computer. Once it restarts, run the Cinbench, and you are done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Ryzen 5 3600 overclockable?
Definitely! Because the intel chip itself proves good to overclock than those traditional ‘Matisse’ chips. So if you do it in the right way, as we explained above, it is worth it truly!
What is the maximum Ryzen 5 3600 overclock speed?
If you have a stronger motherboard that supports Ryzen overclocking, then the maximum speed would be 4.15GHz. With a safe CPU Voltage of 1.25-1.275v.
From the clear steps that we mentioned earlier, you’d be able to understand how to overclock Ryzen 5 3600. Whether it is manual or automatic- the steps are easy so you can follow them for instant results. Overclocking becomes more like a necessity when you are into games and other stuff. So we hope that you’d be able to overclock and run your processor more fastly and smoothly.
You Can Also Read: