So, if you are unsure how to turn off Corsair Virtuoso, this article is just for you. You can turn off by pressing the power button for a few seconds, and some other ways are there you should know what if you need.
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless headsets are among the best headphones available right now. But like every other electronic device, they are not free from some sort of technical glitches.
Sometimes it happens that even if you turn the computer off or put it in sleep mode, the headset still is turned on. And it keeps delivering 5V of power. Then there is the issue of flashing lights – indeed an annoying disturbance to endure.
Let’s see how you can deal with the issue.
How to Turn Off Corsair Virtuoso- 4 Methods Explained
Turning off corsair Virtuoso can be a bit of an issue sometimes. Let’s talk about turning the head set off from the basic easiest ways to the advanced one.
Method 1: Using the Power Button
Let’s start with the obvious.
You can turn the Virtuoso Headset off by pressing the power button for 5-10 seconds.
After pressing the button, you should see red, amber, or green pulsing – depending on the charge left on the headset battery.
Method 2: Using iCUE
All Corsair headphones need Intelligent Corsair Utility Engine or iCUE software to get the best features available for use. If you haven’t downloaded that already, it will be a good place to start from there.
Download the latest version of iCUE. The best place to do that would be the official website and get the latest version from there.
The software will provide many options for tuning it to your preference. One of them would let you adjust the timer for shutting the headset down automatically. So, you can use it at your ease.
You will get this option in the Device Setting tab of the iCUE.
Method 3: Turning Off While Charging
Now, allow us to share how to turn Off Corsair Virtuoso while charging.
- First, disable wireless mode and put it into USB mode by turning on Bluetooth.
- Then to turn off the headset, keep pressing the power button. There is a blue LED indicator – keep pressing until it goes out.
- After that, put the wireless adapter into the computer’s USB port. This will keep charging the headset while the headset’s power is off.
Method 4: Turn Off in a Very Non-Tech Way
In the headset, if you keep pressing the mute key for more than 20 seconds, the headset will be turned off. This is more of a gimmick and a non-tech way to turn off the device. That’s another way for how to turn Off Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless.
Often updating firmware can make the technical glitches go away. As per the official Corsair help guide, you should be using the following firmware upgrade in your Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Gaming Headset:
- Virtuoso headset: v 0.17.149 or later
- Virtuoso headset: v 0.17.149 or later
- Virtuoso headset wireless dongle: v 0.15.76 or later.
If the firmware is updated, the physical mechanisms and software implementation for turning the device off can perform smoothly.
Ways to Turn Off All The Lights
Do you want to turn the Corsair Virtuoso Flashing Green light off? Or is it the stealth mode that you are after?
If you want to learn the ways to get rid of RGB, please follow the methods carefully:
Method-1: The Quick One
To turn off the headset lights along with all the peripherals, the following is the quickest and the easiest:
- Click open the iCUE
- Go to the Instant Lighting menu
- You will find 12 boxes there – one is for selection, and the rest of the boxes have different colors.
- Click on the black box and confirm your selection.
There will be no color coming out from the Virtuoso Corsair now.
Method-2: the Lengthy One
Corsair has a few peripherals. So, if you are using more than one Corsair product, using the following method will let you turn off the light coming out of a specific device:
- Go to iCUE
- Then go to the iCUE Home menu
- There will be images of devices connected with computers at the top and across from left to right.
- Select the image for your headset
- When you click to open the profile for your headset, you will get the Lighting Menu on the left
- Expand the menu by selecting the option
- When you open the Lighting Effects menu, you will see a “+” on it.
- There is a drop-down menu that you will find at the center.
Rainbow Wave is the default setting that the manufacturer often suggests.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Custom”. Inside this option, you will find “Static Color”.
- There are four options – R, G, B, and #.
- Select # and choose six zeroes (000000) as the value for #.
- This will also get zero as the values of R, G, and B.
If you have a keyboard or mouse from Corsair, you can change the lighting to your preference in this way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use Corsair Virtuoso while it is charging?
Yes, you can use the Corsair Virtuoso headset without any issue while it is in charge.
How do I know if my Corsair virtuoso is charged?
Complete charging of the batteries requires about 2.5 hours to complete. You will easily know when it is finished as the indicating red light will be turned off automatically.
How to turn off RGB on Corsair void?
To turn the RGB off in Corsair Void, first, go to the iCUE. There is a drop-down menu at the center. From there, select six zeros for the ‘#’ option. This will also get zero value for R, G, and B options.
We sincerely hope how to turn off Corsair Virtuoso is easy for you now to follow and apply. As you have seen, we have also discussed the ways for turning the lights off – you should choose to follow them as well.
It is indeed annoying when we are interrupted by the static of the headset or blinking of RGB hues. So, it is necessary for a sound sleep to turn them off completely.
If you have read carefully, you will see that methods for turning them off are not as hard as you might have thought. But the ways need to be followed carefully.
Hopefully, you can do both of them successfully now.
You Can Also Read: