Logitech, the Swiss manufacturer, is renowned for computer peripherals. If you are one of the users and experiencing your Logitech keyboard number pad not working, the chances are high that your number pad key is locked. No? Then, more fixes are here; you can check them out!
The numeric pad is an integral part of the keyboard. So when it stops working, the annoyance or frustration is quite understandable.
Hopefully, you will know what to do when you finish reading this post.
Logitech Keyboard Number Pad Not Working- Reasons
There can be a number of reasons – hardware and software alike – responsible for Logitech keyboard numeric pad not working in computers run by Windows Operating Systems.
Below is a table summarizing the reasons and solutions for the problem:
|Logitech keyboard Num Lock turned off||Turning the Num Lock on.|
|Debris stuck underneath||Cleaning the keyboard|
|Physical damage||Using an on-screen keyboard or replacing the keyboard|
|Turn On Mouse key enabled||Disabling the Turn On Mouse Key option|
|Software issues||Troubleshooting, uninstalling and then reinstalling, etc.|
Let’s talk about the reason and solution to get the issue of Logitech number keys on top of the keyboard not working fixed.
Fixing the Num Lock
The most probable cause for the numeric pad not working is that the Num Lock button is turned off.
So, how do I turn on Num Lock on my Logitech keyboard? Simple – press the button with a lock to turn it back on.
Hopefully, you have got the issue resolved. You see, the Num Lock option is the same as the Caps Lock on the character side.
Debris Stuck Underneath
Every now and then, we may have snacks while working. Not only that, we may unintentionally litter the keypad with pins from stapler machines, broken pieces of eraser, dust, etc. All of these can get stuck underneath the number pad and prevent it from working.
To resolve the issue, you can try to clean the keyboard thoroughly.
- Unplug the keyboard from the computer, turn the keyboard upside down and keep tapping gently. This should remove the debris. Remember to never shake forcefully.
- If your vacuum cleaner has a narrow pipe or funnel to suck on dust and debris, you can use it on your keyboard.
- Use a sticky tape to slide underneath – if you can – and then gently move it under the key of the numeric pad. It will collect the tiny particles that may prevent the keys from being pressed down.
- You can run screen wipes between the keys and over the surface. Also, you can do the same with cotton swabs. This will also remove debris.
The above are effective ways to clean up the keyboard.
You may drop the heavy punching machine over the keyboard. How about you accidentally drop coffee on it? The toddler of the house may playfully punch the keyboard to impress you. What about the USB cable? Does it look good to you?
All these are likely scenarios that can cause physical damage to your keyboard. As a result, you will have your Logitech keyboard number pad is not working.
In these cases, you can’t fix the issue and would have to get a new keyboard. Until you get a replacement, use the on-screen keyboard.
Disabling the Turn on Mouse Key Option
If you keep the Turn on Mouse Keys option running, it will cause the Logitech keyboard number pad not to work. Complete the below steps to get it disabled:
- From the Start Menu, go to the Ease of Access Center.
- Go to the Make the keyboard Easier to Use option.
- There you will find the Turn on Mouse Keys option. Uncheck the box and click Apply.
- Restart your computer to make the changes effective.
There is a slight difference to complete the same process in Windows 10. To solve the Logitech number pad not working in Windows, do the following:
- From the Ease of Access option, go to Keyboard Settings.
- Find Control the Keyboard with the Mouse option.
- Turn that function off.
This will enable the numeric pad to run again.
Solving the Issue through Software Modifications
If the above methods don’t get your Logitech number pad not working, you should try the following software alterations.
- Troubleshoot the Keyboard
Oftentimes troubleshooting will get the number pad running again.
- From the Windows start menu, go to Troubleshoot.
- Find the Keyboard option and press Troubleshoot.
- When the process is completed, reboot your computer.
Troubleshooting can get both the USB and Logitech wireless number pad, not working issues solved.
- Uninstall And Reinstall The driver Software
Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Get the Run Command window open by pressing the Windows and R key simultaneously.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and press enter.
- You are now in Windows Device Manager.
- Find the Keyboard section and double-click on it.
- In the expanded menu, select Uninstall.
- Confirm the function by pressing OK.
- After the function is finished, restart the computer.
- When the system is back on, it will detect the uninstalled driver.
- The Windows will get the latest driver for the keyboard, download, and then install it.
Hopefully, the issue is gone now.
Logitech Keyboard Number Pad Not Working In Mac OS
The methods that are applicable for Windows also work for MAC OS. As you have seen so far, the physical approach is pretty basic. So, please try them first.
Let’s see how we can solve the issue by software modifications:
Rearrange System Management Controller
- By resetting the System Management Controller, we can fix simple malfunctioning issues:
- Start by turning the computer off.
- First, unhook the power cord of your desktop and then remove the battery from your Mac computer.
- Press and keep holding the power button for five seconds at a stretch.
- Get the power back on by reattaching the battery and power cord.
In most cases, the resetting will solve the Logitech keyboard number pad not working Mac issue.
Update Mac OS
Updating Mac OS can also get the number pad fixed:
- From the Apple logo from the top left corner, go System Preferences
- Click on it, and you will get a Software Update.
- To get the latest version, click update.
Hopefully, this will get the numeric pad running again.
Frequently Asked Quewstions (FAQs)
How do I unlock the number pad on my Logitech keyboard?
It’s very easy to get the number pad unlocked in my Logitech keyboard – simply press the Num Lock button to unlock it. In most cases, a light will be on when the Num Lock button is unlocked.
Where is the Number Lock key on the Logitech wireless keyboard?
Logitech always places the Number Lock key above the ‘7’ button. Though the position is always the same, the sign may differ from model to model.
We sincerely hope that you can deal with the issue of the Logitech keyboard number pad not working.
When you face the problem, we request you to have a go at the solutions. It might save you some dollars from buying a new keyboard.
As we have discussed, it is always better to try the physical solutions first. Then you should move on to the software adjustment part.
Hopefully, you will get numerics running again by following our tips and tricks.
You Can Also Read: