Are you an Acer Laptop user who’s wondering why my Acer laptop touch screen not working, and how can I fix it? It can be happening because the touch screen feature is disabled accidentally or some other software malfunctions.
Well, there are several reasons why your Acer Laptop’s touch screen may have stopped working. So, it’s important to identify possible reasons and come up with solutions to fix your Acer laptop touch screen.
The good news is, here we’ll be discussing why your Acer laptop touch screen might’ve stopped working and provide you with useful guidelines for fixing the issue.
Possible Reasons why My Acer Laptop Touch Screen Not Working
The reason why your Acer Laptop not working on Windows 10 may differ depending on the Acer model you use.
Reasons why Acer laptop touch screen is not working
Too Much Dirt Build-up on the Screen
Well, the most reason why your Acer Laptop’s touch screen may not be working is that it has accumulated way too much dirt on it over the days and is not cleaned up for a long time. The excess built-up dirt on your screen may cause your screen to glitch.
Affected by the Virus
Because of being affected by the virus or malware, your Acer laptop touch screen may stop working. Some computer viruses disrupt software programs which may end up affecting your touch screen and cause calibration problems.
Sometimes there might be some issues on your laptop’s setting that may cause your touch screen to stop working. Also, if your Acer laptop is not updated to the latest windows version it can affect the touch screen.
Outdated Display Driver
One of the prominent reasons your Acer Laptop touch may be glitching or flickering is that its display Driver is outdated and needs an update.
How to Fix Acer Laptop Touch Screen
For you to resolve the Acer laptop touch screen issues, we have come up with the step by step solution. If one method doesn’t work, the other is always there to solve the problem, as we’ll discuss all the possible solutions here.
Fix for Dirt on Screen
The excess dirt build-up may cause your laptop screen to start glitching. To solve this issue first you must turn off the laptop and unplug it. Then use a microfiber cloth and spray 70% isopropyl alcohol spray on it to clean off the dust on the screen. As alternatives, you can also use Clorox disinfecting wipes or pre-moistened alcohol wipes.
Fix for Touch Screen Calibration Problem
To identify if your Acer laptop’s touch screen is having a calibration problem or not, see if the touch screen response is delayed or if its response does not match the touch indications. To solve the calibration problems:
- Restart your computer
- Go to the Control Panel from Windows menu, and choose the option Tablet PC settings.
- The display tab will appear as you select the Tablet PC Settings.
- Under the Display tab, click set up and follow the step-by-step instructions to set it up.
- Once the setup is done, the last step is to click the calibrate option and do the following as per the instructions.
Fix for Settings Problem
If unfortunately, none of the above solutions work, there might be something to do with your laptop settings.
- Go to the Start Menu
- Then type “Device Manager” in the search box.
- Now click on the settings
- The “Human Interface Manager” will appear on the device screen manager. Double click on it.
- Then select “Touchscreen drivers” and double click on it
- Click the uninstall option and uninstall it.
- Open settings and look through the touchpad.
- Click the Aditional mouse options at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, restart your laptop. Hopefully, it solves your touch screen problem.
Fix for Software Glitch
The software glitching happens due to corrupted drivers, incorrect settings, or missing updates, which eventually causes touch screen issues. To solve it:
- Restart your laptop
- Select “Windows update”
- In the “Windows Update” tab, select check for updates.
- Then on the sign-in screen, press the “shift” key and select the power button and select restart to restart your laptop again
- As your PC restarts, select troubleshoot. Then select “Advanced options”.
- Then, the Advanced Options, and click on “Startup Settings” as under it.
- Then restart your PC for the last time.
- After you restart your laptop, you should be able to see options like Press the key 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.
Fix for Outdated Driver Manager
If your Acer Touch Screen Driver is outdated, then you should update it to the latest version because outdated driver managers may also be the reason for your Acer Laptop touch screen to stop working.
How will you fix it?
- Again the “Device Manager” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select Monitors and right-click on your monitor’s name.
- Then choose enables item of the menu. Repeat this step.
- Lastly, choose the “Update Driver Software” and update the latest version driver for your device.
These touch screen fixing methods are proven to work for the following Acer Laptop models: Acer n15p2, Acer Spin 5, Acer Spin 1, Acer Spin 3, and Acer One 10.
How Do I Turn On The Touchscreen On My Acer Laptop?
Go to the taskbar. Then search for “Device Manager” from the search box. When the “Human Interface Devices” Option appears, click the arrow on the left. In this section, you’ll get to see all the hardware devices. Now, under the “Hardware Interface Devices,” you’ll find an option called “HID-Compliant Touch Screen’. Right-click on that and select enable device to turn the Touch screen on.
It can be a headache when your touchscreen stops functioning properly. Luckily, there is more than one solution to this problem that is proven to come to your help.
But, it’s better to know the reasons for the malfunction touchscreen and take precautions so that it doesn’t stop working in the first place.
As you must be worried about why my Acer laptop touch screen not working and how I can fix it, we came up with all the possible reasons and solutions to save you from the trouble.
Hopefully, these simple solutions will save your laptop from having minor issues and costs at the same time.
You Can Also Read: