How would you feel if you see your Turtle Beach 200 Recon not working justbefore you were about to start your gaming session? We all have been there at one point or another. This can be happening for a charging issue or pairing that you can fix easily.
The Recon 200 is comfortable and user-friendly. You can enjoy the intense deep rumbling of the games through their Bass Boost feature.
But to enjoy all those nice features, you need the device running. Let’s find out what we can do when the headphone stop running.
Turtle Beach Recon 200 Not Working- Why & How to Fix
Let’s have a look at the below table summarizing the reasons and the solutions for Recon 200 Turtle Beach not working:
|Faulty product||Contact Turtle Beach support team|
|No charge in device||Charging the batteries|
|Not paired well||Pairing it with the computer or gaming consoles|
|The Mic is muted||Un-muting the Mic|
|Recon 200 is not set as the default audio option or disabled||Making it as the default audio|
|Settings issue – for PS4, PS5, XBox||Reconfiguring the settings|
Let’s talk a bit more detail about how you can get your turtle beach recon 200 running:
Let’s get this obvious one out first.
When you pair the headphone with the computer, gaming console, or phone and it doesn’t work with any of them, the product may be faulty. You should contact the Turtle Beach support team immediately.
The Headset Is Not Charged
The headset battery needs two hours to be charged fully. And it will run for 12 hours at a stretch when the device has fully-charged batteries. There will be a double-tone, shortly followed by a single one when the device is not charged.
This may also cause the headset not working.
Pairing the Headset
In Your Computer
You need to connect the headset before starting to use it. To do that in the computer, you should do the following:
- Go to the control panel by pressing Control Panel + R.
- From the View tab, select Large Icons.
- On the empty space of the tab, right-clicking anywhere will show disabled and disconnected devices.
- When the headphone icon appears on the window, right-clicking on them will provide the Enable option.
- Click Enable, and this will pair the Recon 200 Headset with the computer.
For The gaming Console
To pair the Turtle Beach 200 withthe gaming consoles, you need to switch the Console Mode Switch to Xbox or PS4/5 mode. This will pair the headset with the gaming consoles.
Un-Muting The Mic
The microphone is adjustable in Recon 200. To get the mic working, slowly push forward the mic until it reaches the Lock position. To mute the microphone, you need to push it all the way back to the other way.
Un-Muting The Mic In the Computer
To un-mute the mic from the computer, you should try the following steps:
- Like we mentioned before, from the Control Panel, go to the Sound Setting.
- If you right-click the device, you will go to the Properties tab.
- From there, ensure that the device is un-muted.
- Then set the mic level to the maximum.
- Save your changes by pressing Apply.
Un-Muting The Mic In The Gaming Consoles
To complete the un-muting in different versions of Playstation or Xbox, first increase the Mic Monitor volume. There is a volume dial on the headset. Dial it up to the highest level. Connect the headset with the controller and then say something directly to the mic. If you can hear yourself in the speaker, Kudo, the mic is unmuted.
The issue should be solved now.
Making Recon 200 As The Default Audio Option
Setting the Turtle Beach Recon 200 as the default option for audio output is an effective way to start it running smoothly. You can do it by applying the following steps:
- Like previously mentioned steps, go to the Sound settings option.
- Get the device list by right-clicking in empty space.
- Choose the Headset Microphone option to first Enable it and then right-click it again to make the Turtle Beach 200 the default device.
Reconfiguring The Xbox Settings
Assigning Yourself To The Controller
You need to assign the controller to your profile to get the Turtle Beach 200 working properly with the Xbox. First check if are assigned to or not:
- By pressing the Xbox/Home go to the Settings.
- Then go to All Settings, from there to Kincet & Devices and finally to Devices & Accessories
- There will be an image of the controller, and below that, you will find a sign like this “…”
- Selecting it will give you the controller image.
- There is a sidebar on the left side, and at the bottom, you should see that Xbox has assigned the headset to the controller.
If your Turtle Beach 200 is not listed, the headset will not work.
To sort that out, please apply the following:
- Plug the headset into the controller.
- Following the ways we have mentioned, go to Devices & Accessories.
- From there, select your controller.
- After that, you will be able to use the controller’s menu and choose the option to Assign To Someone.
- You should select your Gamertag or Xbox live account with which you have signed in to the gaming console.
Hopefully, your headset will start working now.
Power Cycling Of The Console
To clear cache and to set some other technical glitches straight, a complete power cycling of the gaming console might do the trick.
Please follow the steps carefully:
- First, perform a complete shutdown of the gaming console from the menu.
- Disconnect the Xbox controller from the headset.
- Unplug all sorts of cables like USB, power, etc., from the controller, including the wall socket or outlet with which the controller is connected.
- Leave everything for a few minutes.
- Then get the system running again.
- If you see that your profile is automatically signing in, then sign out and sign in again.
- Get the Turtle beach connected and assign it to your profile.
Now, this will get the Recon 200 working again.
Reconfiguring The PS4/PS5 Settings
Please do the following to reconfigure the Playstation settings so that the Turtle Beach Recon 200 starts working again;
- From the Playstation menu, go to the Setting first, select Devices, and finally to Audio Devices.
- Then set the Input and the Output Devices all to the Headset Connected To Controller.
- Get the headset Volume Control to the maximum.
- Then choose the Adjust Microphone Level.
- You can also fine-tune the headset to your liking by applying easy-to-follow instructions.
The Recon 200 should now start working with Playstation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does my Turtle Beach headset not work?
My Turtle Beach headset may not be working for a number of reasons. A few of them would be muted mic, an unpaired device with the system, the headset not charged, the headset not assigned with the gaming console, etc.
Does the Turtle Batch Recon 200 need to be charged?
The Turtle Beach Recon 200 needs to be charged to work properly. About two hours of charging can get the headset running for twelve hours.
Can you use Turtle Beach while charging?
Yes, you can charge while you are playing. It should be of no concern to do both at the same time.
We sincerely hope that the issue of the Turtle Beach Recon 200 Not Working will be solved if you apply the fixes that we have mentioned. As you have seen, some fixes are easy to apply, a few need a bit more concentration. But overall, the fixes are applicable to regular users.
If you apply all of the above yet fail to get the headset working, you should contact the Turtle Beach support team without further delay because we believe that we have mentioned all the steps to fix the headset without being an expert.
Any further attempts might get your device damaged beyond repair, refund, or exchange.
You Can Also Read: