If you see your Dell laptop battery replacement warning, do not go to change a new battery at once. Dell shows a warning for safety measures. Your battery or charger may have problems. Sometimes Dell BIOS needs to be updated. Some people face warning after replacing a new battery also.
Let’s discuss the battery replacement warning you get and the solutions that will keep the laptop healthy without showing such false alarming notifications.
Troubleshooting Of Dell Laptop Battery Replacement Warning And The Solutions
After using a Dell laptop for several years, you get a warning: The battery not identified. the system is unable to charge. Even a new Dell laptop also shows this notice. Sometimes your laptop shows plugin but not charging. Sometimes, it shows not the plugin.
Let’s troubleshoot the actual problem one by one.
Fixes for Dell Battery Replacement Warning Issue
Dell technology has been providing a good laptop service for many years. Dell shows an alert message whenever it locates any fault. Sometimes it can be a false sign for malfunctions inside.
In the case of laptops battery, charger, or BIOS issues, you will see that the battery is not identified. The system is unable to charge the battery.
After changing the old battery, you can face ‘The Battery is not recommended battery.
Both warnings have a solution line,
Hit the F1 key to continue, F2 to run set up the utility.
Sometimes the laptop sensor fails to detect the battery. The battery may not be placed properly or misplaced anyhow.
Moreover, the connection failure of the AC adapter or port also creates a disturbance to take charge. When these occurrences happen frequently, you may face a notice to replace a battery for Dell laptops.
Listen, if it’s about the Dell charger, check why the Dell charger is not working and no green light with the proper fix for that.
You Can Try To Reset The Battery As A First Initiative
If you face a warning, we’re pretty sure you have already checked the AC adapter and the laptop’s port repeatedly.
All come ok. Now Dell battery reset can help you. However, if you find the Dell AC adapter is at fault working and so the Dell is showing a warning for battery replacement, check why the Dell AC adapter is not recognized and find a fix for it first.
Before resetting, turn off your computer and unplug all the cables and AC adapters. Now follow the procedures:
- Turn over the laptop and unscrew the bottom cover joints.
- Carefully remove the cover, and you will find the battery.
- Unplug the battery and again plug it with the motherboard. Check the connection.
- Screw the joint and power on the laptop.
This Time Check The Battery Fitness To Catch Out The Problem
No hardware problem, and go for the software management. For this, you have to check the condition of the Dell Battery. Apply one of these three ways.
- Connect the laptop with the AC adapter.
- Restart the laptop and press F2 frequently.
- When the laptop turns on with the Dell logo, you will move into the BIOS system.
- Here at the pick, you see Settings > General > Battery Information.
- Here is the AC adapter grade. If the adapter information is absent, then contact Dell service.
- Power on the PC.
- Press F12, and you see the Dell logo on the screen.
- Go to the boot menu—select Diagnostics.
- Click Enter. You will see some pre-diagnosis methods.
- Now you can see the battery condition.
- Power the pc and tap F2.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Select Battery Health. You will see the battery position.
Updating BIOS Keep The Battery System Healthy
After checking battery health, you will know the problems with your laptop. If there is any problem, your Dell battery needs to be replaced. You can get batteries for dell laptops from Dell Support.
But if the battery is performing well, you can update the BIOS. Before this task, make a backup of all of your essential files.
- Go to the left bottom part of the desktop. Here is the Windows.
- Search Bitlocker> Manage Bitlocker.
- A new page, Control Panel Home, will appear.
- A message box will come, “Do you want to suspend BitLocker protection?”
- Press Yes.
- Search Dell Support. A support page will come.
- Click Detect PC at the top of the page and type the service tag. Another new page will come.
- Click Drivers And Downloads > BIOS.
- Here is the latest file for you. Download it.
- Run the updated file and click confirm.
You Can Go For Updating the Windows Drivers
Many Dell user finds helpful to update their battery driver in case of replacement alert. Sometimes laptop sensors can not detect the battery driver. It will be wise to update the driver with a new one from Dell Support assist.
- Search Supportassist from . Click on it.
- From a new page, select Get Drivers And Downloads.
- Run the button, and you see all updates.
- Click Install on the top right corner. Follow the on-screen commands.
Warning After Replacing A New Battery Can Be Disabled
Many people face warning after laptop repairs. They get a new battery for a Dell laptop. As the screen shows to press F1 or F2, they go for it. But they find the battery performance is good. In these cases, you can disable the warning from the BIOS.
- Press F2 and enter the BIOS system.
- Select Advanced > Adapter Warning > Disable.
- Select The Exit Saving Change.
- Press the Enter Of the keyboard.
- Click Yes on the screen.
Solution for Dell Inspiron Replace Battery Message
If you see the alert of battery needs to be replaced popup Dell Inspiron you can check the battery abilities. It’s a battery removal and draining the leftover power task. For this, follow the steps.
- At first, shut down the pc and turn it over.
- Unscrew all the screws and carefully open the bottom slide of the laptop.
- Unlock all the latch of the battery and slightly take it up.
- This time turn on the laptop and wait for the screen to flash.
- Tap the power button for 15 seconds. It will drain the remaining power of your battery.
- Now place the battery in the battery bay and lock the screws again.
- Turn on the laptop, and you may resolve the battery warning problem.
If this technique does not work, you need a new battery for a Dell Laptop. Go to Dell support for the battery replacement issue. You can do it from a Dell third-party battery fix site but beware of the scam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my laptop telling me to replace my battery?
Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced, Dell. There is battery life or system problem. Overheat or long time usage lessens the battery life. Furthermore, sometimes system drivers need to be updated.
Can I still use my laptop if the battery needs to be replaced?
Surprisingly, yes. You can use a laptop even without a battery. After getting a warning, you can remove the battery and plugin the laptop with the AC adapter. Your computer will run directly with the power through the AC adapter. Though there is no battery, you won’t save the laptop’s charge to 100% for further use.
Can I replace my Dell laptop battery?
Yes, you do. Dell has both removable and non-removable batteries. You can replace both types of batteries with Dell technical support. If you have a warranty on your laptop, you get the battery and repair laptop free of cost. Without a warranty, you need to spend 30$ to 120$ for a new battery.
After getting your Dell laptop battery replacement warning, you were in a maze. We tried to research all of your battery replacement difficulties and give efficient explanations.
Generally, Dell has offered a good service for a long time. But you know that laptop technology is getting updated day by day. If your laptop catches ages and the battery needs to replace, We suggest spending your budget on a new Dell Laptop for more upgraded service.
You Can Also Read: