The gallery app is the most used app on any phone. No matter who we are, not one of our days passes without entering and scrolling through this app. All our memories are there stored in this application. Scattered moments with our family and friends are in there also in scattered positions.
Now you may be thinking about keeping everything in organized folders. Because suddenly, you may need to take a look into your image or quickly show it to someone. In those situations, it feels like it takes years to get to your images. So, here is how to add folders to gallery in Android to keep things organized.
How To Add Folders To Gallery In Android
The gallery app can be confusing sometimes, so keeping it classified is the best way. Making a folder with the event’s name is our suggestion.
Here are the steps to add new folders to the gallery.
- Open the Gallery app on your Android device.
- Tap on the 3 dots.
- Select “Create New Folder”/ “Create New Album” to add a new folder to the gallery app list.
- Name your folder with the intention to keep the image. For example, if you want to keep the Christmas image, name it “Christmas 2021”.
- Once you are happy with the name, tap “create folder” to complete this step.
- You can set the folder on either an SD card or Phone Memory.
- Select SD card to create a folder in the SD Card or select phone if you want to create the folder on Phone memory.
- Select the images that you want to save on that new folder you just created.
- Copy or Move all of them to the folder to keep them in an organized position.
Moving Images To The Folder
After creating the folder that will remain empty until you manually put your images in it, camera settings will keep all the images scattered in the gallery folder. When you create a new folder, choose and move images to that.
- Open your android device and launch gallery app from the menu.
- Select the photo or video you want to move to the new folder.
- At the top right, you will find three dots, and it will show a drop-down menu.
- Choose Copy or Move, and then a new gallery panel with all the subfolders will appear.
- Tap on the new folder that you just created, and all the images will move automatically.
Send Your Pictures To An SD Card In Gallery App
You can also use the gallery to move pictures from phone memory to an SD card. Now, if you don’t know how to do that, here is a simple guide.
- Launch Gallery on your Android device.
- Tap on the photo or video that you need to transfer.
- Check the 3 dots on top right side of the screen, tap on it
- Tap on that and select the move to option.
- Select your SD card, or if you have named your SD card, tap on the name.
- Choose the folder you want to put your image in and select move here.
Your picture is now on the SD card from your phone memory.
Find Photos In Gallery
You can easily find your images in the gallery. Some android phones come with the Gallery Go app already installed.
- Open Gallery Go on your Android phone.
- Click Pictures
- Tap on the images then the groups and folders will appear.
- You can find your images on the Group or Folder you kept.
Maybe Gallery Go didn’t group your photographs yet if you don’t see any categories. Leave your phone connected overnight to allow the gallery to organize your photographs automatically.
What Type Of Files Goes To Gallery
Your android system is quite smart. No matter where you keep your file, the application will collect and keep them in an organized folder. The gallery app is also equipped with that feature. Any images or videos you have on your phone adds to the gallery app automatically.
.JPEG: Given the acronym of the Joint Photo Experts Group, JPEG is a digital picture file extension. Due to its high-quality standards and ease to download, this is a popular file type. JPEG files are compressed to make sizes reasonable but to reduce the image resolution.
.PNG: The “Portant Graphic Format” is in the long-form of PNG. It is the uncompromised picture format that is most popular on the Internet. The gallery will easily grab all the png formate images you have in your phone memory or in your SD card.
.GIF: GIF stands for the “Graphics Interchange Format.” CompuServe produced it in 1987 in a bitmap picture format. There is a vast web-based on this popular picture format. GIF files on different systems and applications are portable. Android can easily read GIF files, and the gallery is capable of showing those files. You can see auto-play gif in your gallery.
.Mov: The format utilized in Apple’s Quicktime software is the MPEG 4 video container file. MOV files employ the proprietary Apple method for compression. The MOV format was launched in 1998 by Apple. But now Android can read Mov files, and you will be able to see them on the gallery app.
.Mp4: Mp4 is an MPEG4 video format file extension. MP4s are one of the most widespread formats of video files used to download and watch Internet videos. The video format is very adaptable and compressed and can store audio, subtitles, and silent pictures. And android gallery will show you these files on the interface.
As you got the way about how to add folders to gallery in Android, it should make your life a little easier. You should divide your files and photos to get rid of unnecessary troubles.
You Can Also Read:
- How to Remove Software Update Samsung: 3 Simple Hacks
- How I Fix My Phone Won’t Save New Contact| iOS & Android
- How to Disable Airplane Mode Android: Avoid Unwanted No Signal Mode
- How to Transfer Apps from Computer to Phone? – 2 Simple Ways for You
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Without Computer: 2 Easy Ways
- Samsung Account Locked Due to Abnormal Factory Reset: 3 Simple Solutions
- How to Set Birthday Reminder on Android Phone to Wish on Time
- How to Transfer Photos from Samsung Cloud to SD Card with 7 Simple Steps