After using Your Samsung Galaxy s3 android phone for a couple of years, you may find that it is filled with lots of Picasa photos or videos. Maybe you can’t delete these photos from the android but want to dispel all of these photos.
Nobody wants the unnecessary photos that are stuck on their phone. So, in this article, we guide you with the right direction on how to delete Picasa photos from Samsung Galaxy s3.
How To Delete Picasa Photos From Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone
When you find your gallery Picasa photos unnecessary, you surely want to delete them. You know that you don’t require them in the future and so want to remove them.
These photos may be from your previous phone Gallery, or you may upload these to another online platform like Facebook, YouTube, etc., and automatically, these photos save this Picasa Album.
You find two types of the folder on your Samsung Galaxy S3 handset.
- Camera photos
- Picasa photos album
“Picasa Photos Album” is linked with your Samsung Galaxy s3’s hard drive. For this reason, you can’t shift these photos to another folder.
After some time, when you select a Picasa photo and won’t find the option to delete it, it creates an annoyance for Samsung Galaxy users.
For this reason, you need to follow 2 worthy and straightforward procedures to solve this problem:
Procedure 1: Disabling The Picasa Photos Album
You wonder why the Picasa photos are there, even if you don’t know about it. It is because your Google account is synced to your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
When you upload any pictures to another online platform using the Gmail account logged into your device, that will automatically save in the Picasa album section of the “Gallery” app.
Let’s find the solution to disable the “Picasa Web Album” by following these steps:
- Go into your Samsung Galaxy s3 “Settings” app.
- Search the “Account” section. You can also type Account on the “Settings” search box. It will save your time.
- Tap on the “Google” in the “Account” section. Before that, make sure of the Gmail account which you want to use for this sector. If you have many Gmail accounts, then select them according to your desire.
- Then you will see a list of options with the check “þ” mark.
- You have to choose the last option, which says “Sync Picasa Web Albums”.
- Then uncheck this last option or turn off the check “þ” mark to disable it.
After following these above steps, it will no longer ask your permission to add it to the Gallery app.
Procedure 2: Removing The Remaining Picasa Photos Data
When you edit your Gmail account from the Samsung Galaxy S3 handset, you automatically sync your Picasa photos by permitting it. You can’t deny the option.
Whenever you deny it, it will show the option to tap “Ok”. Moreover, this Picasa photo album is going to stay on your Samsung Galaxy s3 device.
But, by removing the previous Picasa photos data, you will keep your android device clean and load-free.
So, follow the steps that will help you to remove data:
- Firstly, go to the “Settings” menu of your Samsung Galaxy s3.
- Then search for the “Application manager” section.
- Tap on it to open the “Application manager”.
- Then swipe your screen until you find the “All” tab section.
- After that, scroll down to find the “Gallery” app.
- Tap on the “Gallery” app, and there you will see all data and cache data related to the Picasa photos.
- Tap on the “Clear Cache” option, and to confirm this option, press the “Ok” button. Ensure that all of the cache data is also cleared when you tap on the “Clear data” option. This procedure will delete the data of the “Gallery”.
- You can also tap on the “Force stop” button to stop this type of activity.
Next to that, you may go back to your phone “Gallery,” where you will see only the “Camera” photos.
By adopting these two worthy and straightforward procedures, you can dispel the Picasa photos from your Samsung Galaxy s3 device.
Notes: When you turn on the “Sync Picasa Web Albums” option, you will retain your Picasa photos again on your Samsung Galaxy S3 gallery.
Smartly Shift Samsung Galaxy S3 Photos To The SD Card
Sometimes there is some reason that arises when we want to shift our android phone photos to the SD card section. The phone’s capturing photos remain automatically in the phone storage section.
So when you want to transfer some of your Samsung Galaxy s3’s storage photos to the SD card, you should follow these steps:
- You have to go to your Samsung Galaxy s3 files folder or the “My Files” section.
- Tap on the “All files”, and you will see your phone’s SD card location. The “sdcard0” is the internal memory of your Samsung Galaxy s3 device. Tap it and open the “sdcard0”.
- Search the “DCIM” folder. Open it and go into the “Camera” folder.
- In the “Camera” folder, you can select the photos that you want to shift.
- After selecting your desired photos, you have to tap on the three bars icon on the top right corner of the recent screen to move or copy the images.
- Copy the photos by tapping the “Copy” option. Then select the “extSDCard” option.
- Tap on the “+” icon and create a folder. Put a name on that folder.
- Open the new folder that you have created recently. Tap the “Paste here” option that you will see on the top right corner of the screen.
- Wait for some moments to complete the procedure.
By following these simple steps, you can shift your Samsung Galaxy s3 photos to an SD card.
This article began by noting how to delete Picasa photos from Samsung Galaxy S3 in two workable and effective ways. A high amount of unused Picasa photos will make your Samsung Galaxy S3 slow.
Moreover, these photos are attached forever with your Android phone’s hard drive. This creates an annoying situation for the users.
Follow the 3 effective procedures described in this article to remove the Picasa photos from your Samsung Galaxy S3 android phone instead of keeping these photos.
You Can Also Read:
- How to Remove Software Update Samsung: 3 Simple Hacks
- How I Fix My Phone Won’t Save New Contact| iOS & Android
- How to Disable Airplane Mode Android: Avoid Unwanted No Signal Mode
- How to Transfer Apps from Computer to Phone? – 2 Simple Ways for You
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Without Computer: 2 Easy Ways
- Samsung Account Locked Due to Abnormal Factory Reset: 3 Simple Solutions