How to uninstall Samsung gallery app? Though it is an in-built app in Samsung devices you can disable it or force-stop to keep it hidden from your device.
We all know the Gallery option stores our most enjoyable or memorable times, as we capture our special moments and we store them in the Gallery. It contains our moments in another sense.
Still, for your ease, you can use some other gallery in leu of the Samsung gallery. So keep reading the 2 approaches, and pick your desired method, whichever you want to take action.
How To Uninstall Samsung Gallery
We found the ways how to uninstall the Gallery option from any Samsung mobile phone are pretty simple. After reading the approaches, you must say, what an easy way it is! So let’s start. Read them thoroughly and apply your suitable one.
Option-1 Uninstall The Gallery App From Settings Option
The first method to disable the Gallery is from the settings tab. You know, all the crucial functions related to the gadgets are controlled from the Settings.
So, to uninstall the Gallery app, you have to follow the below steps. Oh, you can uninstall or disable different individual apps through the same process.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Find and select applications or apps.
- Scroll down, and here you will find the Gallery/ Samsung Gallery that your device has.
- Select it, and a new interface will come. You may get an option to disable this App. Or, probably get the option named Default/ Open By Default.
- So if you find the option ‘Disable,’ click it. On the other hand, if you get Open by the default option, then click there and Clear the Default.
- If your Samsung device does not allow you disable it , check there will be an option as ‘force stop’. Select that. and you’re done!
These all are what you have to do. You cannot uninstall Samsung Gallery permanently like other third-party apps because the Gallery app is a default application of Samsung. You cannot uninstall some applications for good; Samsung gallery or photo gallery is one of them. You can re-enable it as well.
Option-2 Uninstall The Gallery App From Home Screen
The second method is super easy. You can just select the application whatever you want to disable or uninstall from the home screen. And then click it and tap Uninstall button.
Let me be clear about it.
- Swipe up the home screen and scroll the available applications. Select the Gallery icon to tap for a while.
- Then it will show you options like Add to Home or Uninstall/ Disable.
- Select Uninstall/ Disable. It will be Disabled within a second.
Uninstalling an application from the home screen is the same as disabling Gallery. So you can apply this trick to uninstall the rest of the unused applications.
The Summary of The Two Processes
After all the described methods, you may get puzzled. So, we make a shortlist of the process.
1.Settings >Apps > Gallery > Defaults> Clear.
Or, Settings> Apps> Gallery> Uninstall/ Disable.
2.From the home screen, tap and hold on for a while > Disable / Uninstall.
So, these are the ways to uninstall or disable the Gallery from your Samsung gadgets. I hope you will do that successfully.
How Can I Protect The Pictures From Being Lost
As we love to take pictures and selfies, when we disable the Gallery, we should keep in mind the possibility of losing the images. So you can restore your photos with a different application. Then you may not have to lose your loving memories.
However, store the picture on your google account and On the Sync option before uninstalling. Upload all your favorite images and videos on the trusted diary, Google Drive. Then, you will see the memories in any handset at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use Google Photos instead of Gallery App?
Obviously, you can. In fact, if you use Google Photo to view the picture, there won’t be any hamper due to uninstalling the Gallery app.
Will it be deleted all the pictures of the Gallery after disabling?
It depends on up to your backup system. If you keep back up your photos to your Google Drive or somewhere, you may recall the pictures. But if you have not, then it will be deleted for good. So always keep a backup.
Are the Photos and Gallery the same?
No. They are completely different. Gallery shows the pictures and videos from your device. On the other hand, ‘Photos’ shows the pictures on the device and those connected to Google plus and backed up.
These are basically how one can uninstall or disable the gallery app from any Samsung mobile phone. You can uninstall any apps which are unnecessary to you from your Samsung handset following this approach.
Now, I firmly believe that you are quite able to know how to uninstall the Samsung gallery. Apply this trick and store your pictures in a different form of Gallery or do whatever you want. You can store the pictures in Google Photos.
You Can Also Read:
- How to Remove Software Update Samsung: 3 Simple Hacks
- How I Fix My Phone Won’t Save New Contact| iOS & Android
- How to Disable Airplane Mode Android: Avoid Unwanted No Signal Mode
- How to Transfer Apps from Computer to Phone? – 2 Simple Ways for You
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 Without Computer: 2 Easy Ways
- Samsung Account Locked Due to Abnormal Factory Reset: 3 Simple Solutions
- How to Set Birthday Reminder on Android Phone to Wish on Time
- How to Transfer Photos from Samsung Cloud to SD Card with 7 Simple Steps