If your child uses your Apple ID, your child will have access to all of your personal content, including text messages and photos.
Go to your iTunes and select manage devices, then select the phone you want to separate and tap on remove to confirm the action.
On one of the phones, go to Settings/[Apple ID name]/iCloud, turn off the switches for the content you want to keep, and then sign out of the Apple ID (Settings/[Apple ID name] – Sign Out).
Should Husband and Wife Have Separate Apple Id
Instead, set up Family Sharing so that each person uses their own Apple ID and use that to share purchases, subscriptions, and more without sharing personal information like email, text messages, or passwords, as advised by Apple.
Should Everyone in the Family Have Their Own Apple Id
- Everyone should have their own Apple ID, so don’t share yours with your child.
- If your child uses your Apple ID, your child will have access to all of your personal content, including text messages and photos.
- An Apple ID is the account you use with Messages, the App Store, and other Apple services.
How Do I Separate My Iphone From My Wifes
- Provide the password to disable Find My Phone and select to Keep on My iDevice when prompted.
- Sign in with a different Apple ID to create your new account.
- Tap on Settings > iCloud > Delete Account (only deletes it from this device, not from iCloud; the person keeping the current account will not be impacted).
Is It Ok to Have Two Apple Ids
You can sign in and set up multiple Apple IDs on an iOS device from the Settings app, and use them for various purposes like contacts, email, notes, bookmarks, etc. This is something that not many people are aware of, but it is possible.
How Do I Separate Two Iphones With the Same Apple Id 2020
Go to your iTunes and select manage devices, then select the phone you want to separate and tap on remove to confirm the action. Tap on view my account and sign into your Apple account.
Why Am I Getting My Wifes Text Messages on My Iphone
This usually happens because, at some point, you all wanted to share content you bought from the iTunes store, including apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, and more. If someone in your family is receiving texts intended for you, or vice versa, it’s probably because those devices are sharing the same Apple ID.
Why Is My Apple Id on My Husbands Phone
An option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. Updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID are frequently the cause of a request for another Apple ID password.
How Do I Separate My Apple Id From Family
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap the downward-pointing arrow at the top of the page, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap or click Disconnect Account.
- Tap or click Disconnect.
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac using your Apple ID and password.
Why Does My Iphone Show My Wifes Name
Check that your contact card is selected in My Info under Settings > General > Siri > My Info on your iPhone by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > and then to the Contacts section.
How Do I Stop Sharing Information Between Iphones
To stop sharing contacts between two iPhones, go to Settings on each device, tap [your name] to choose iCloud, then find Contacts and turn off the setting.
If you share the same iCloud ID, you will also share the same iCloud account, which means that any data you sync with the account will be combined and appear on both phones, such as each other’s contacts.
How Do I Separate Two Devices With the Same Apple Id
On one of the phones, go to Settings/[Apple ID name]/iCloud, turn off the switches for the content you want to keep, and then sign out of the Apple ID (Settings/[Apple ID name] – Sign Out). Then, make a new Apple ID.