Is your Corsair mouse not working? Check the mouse sensor is blocked or there is a problem with the Corsair utility software. And these can be resolved within minutes.
Well, for the gamers, there’s nothing more disappointing than a dragging mouse or one that does take the inputs accordingly.
Whatever your situation is, we have some simple yet effective solutions for your problems regarding the Corsair mouse.
We are troubleshooting some problems that are common in these mice. So, if you face any issues regarding the Corsair mouse, you may find the solution below!
There might be several reasons that your Corsair mouse is not working. Some common issues that people may face are as below-
|Reasons for not working||Solutions to Try|
|Unresponsive Cursor||Check mouse sensor or update driver|
|USB not plugged in||Check & make the proper connection|
|Incompatible Operating System||Ensure the system is compatible|
|Jammed mouse wheel||Clean it|
|Outdated Software||Update it|
These are the most basic reasons that can be triggering the issue. However, check out the entire discussion to know the fixes to them along with other reasons.
And, if you have any Corsair K55 G keyboard and are facing problems with that, check out the guide for why the Corsair keyboard is not working and how to make it work.
Fixes When Unresponsive Mouse
In this situation, the mouse is plugged into the PC; however, it doesn’t have any response. So, when the user gives any input, it will not move or impact the screen.
Update Corsair Mouse Software
The mouse may be unresponsive because Corsair’s device driver is out of date or it was not installed properly. If the device driver is out of date, you have to download the current version.
- To download the latest Corsair Utility Engine or CUE software, go to Corsair’s website. Or you can go directly to the download page, whatever suits you better.
- Now, download the latest version.
- The page may ask you to sign up for the newsletter before you can download the software. If it does, you can skip it by clicking Skip this step and start downloading.
- You may find this button under the Submit button. Install the software. Then restart the PC for the changes to take place.
Now, check if the problem is solved or not.
Make Sure the Operating System Is Compatible
If the device’s operating system is not compatible with the Corsair mouse, the mouse won’t respond to the inputs given through it.
The Corsair mouse is compatible with Windows 7,8 and 10. Therefore, check the current version of your operating system whether it’s compatible or not.
Also, check and update the operating system. Sometimes, when there is an update on your system, and you have not updated it, Corsair mouse may not respond.
The Corsair mice have sensors installed at the bottom. The sensor tracks the mouse’s movement. When the sensor gets blocked, the mouse becomes unresponsive.
The sensor might have been blocked by pick up dirt at the bottom of the mouse. Hence the sensor could not track the movements and remain unresponsive.
To solve this issue, you need to clean the bottom of the mouse.
Using some rubbing alcohol is the easiest and best way to clean the dirt associated with any electronic device.
- Therefore, unplug the mouse if it’s a cabled one.
- Pour some solution on a microfiber fabric.
- Now, gently rub off the dirt and dust from the mouse.
- Wipe off any visible debris from the sensor of the mouse.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to replace the sensor. Follow the given steps to replace the Corsair Optical Sensor. It may require 30 to 45 minutes.
- Unplug the mouse from the computer. Now flip it so that the bottom faces upward.
- Remove the bottom part of the mouse using a JIS 0 screwdriver or plastic opener, whichever is required. Keep the screw in a safe place so that you can find it later.
- Detach the bottom part of the mouse from the upper shell using the plastic opener. Be careful while doing it as you may unintentionally damage the cables inside.
- You’ll see a white cable which is the DPI sensor cable. Detach the cable from the port. You can either use the plastic opening tool or your hand to do so.
- As you have removed the cable, take the JSI 0 screwdriver and remove the 5mm screws on the motherboard. Now remove the white cable jack from the motherboard using the plastic opener. Then remove the motherboard from the bottom part of the mouse.
- Now pull the scroll wheel on the right side and remove it from the motherboard. And flip the board and remove the plastic covering.
- Now desolder the connecting pins, remove the optical sensor, and replace it with a new or spare one.
Fixes for Connection Problem
If the USB cable is not plugged into the device properly, hence the mouse is not operating properly or is unresponsive.
To solve the issue, ensure that the USB cable is installed correctly/ plugged into the USB port and the cable is not tangled.
Fixes When Scroll Wheel Is Jammed/ Unresponsive
The mouse scroll wheel is not working, or the actions are delayed. These may happen due to various reasons as follows.
Dirty Scroll Wheel or Wheel Sensor
If you’re using the mouse for a long time, dust and dirt can build up on the scroll wheel. Thus it can result in an unresponsive mouse or delay in action.
In this case, you can use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to clean the scroll wheel. However, if this doesn’t solve the issue, then dirt got inside the mouse and affected the mouse sensor.
Then the wheel sensor will need a deep cleaning by opening the mouse. You can follow the steps shown for blocked Sensor until to open the scroll wheel sensor.
Then desolder the scroll wheel connecting pins and remove the wheel sensor from the motherboard and replace it with a new one.
Fixes for Unresponsive Mouse Button
The mouse buttons are not working properly. Try the following solutions to make it work.
The buttons on the mouse might have been broken. Replacing the mouse would be the best fit for this problem.
Built-up dirt may have made the buttons sticky. Use compressed air to clean under the buttons.
This may happen when the cable is not properly plugged into the port or dust is built up in the port.
Clean the port with a Q-tip while the device is disconnected. Install the mouse cable properly. If it doesn’t work, try changing the port or restarting the computer.
Solution When Mouse is Not Sliding Properly
The mouse doesn’t slide; rather it moves slowly on the screen. The following causes might be causing this issue. Check them out.
Dirty mouse feet
There may have built-up dirt under the mouse.
Use a vacuum cleaner to clean up the loose dust and dirt. Wipe the sticky dirt with some rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth or Q-tip.
The mouse may not move due to an improper surface.
Try putting the mouse on a leveled surface; use a mouse pad or some paper instead.
Damaged mouse base
Oh, the pads on the bottom of the mouse is damaged or worn out completely due to excessive use. Hence, it’s not responding or dragging on the screen slowly.
You can replace them with new stakes.
Corsair Mouse Not Working? Hopefully, you have got the proper solution to this problem. Your Corsair mouse may not work for various reasons.
Corsair has the best quality peripherals when compared to other brands. Their mice can be used for both gaming and general inputs. However, they may fail sometimes.
We hope this context has been helpful for you to resolve the issues you faced regarding the Corsair mouse.]
You Can Also Read: